Frequently Asked Questions:
Atlas Bipod Questions
- Which Atlas Bipod do I need for my rifle?
- All of our Atlas Bipods will work for you as long as you can place a 1913 style Picatinny rail on to your rifle, once you have placed a Picatinny rail on to your rifle then you will be ready to mount any of our Atlas Bipods. To choose which Atlas Bipod will be best for you all depends on what you are wanting and needing in a bipod. The BT10 (two screw clamp assembly) is our standard bipod that will attach directly to a Picatinny rail by two slotted head screws, this will be more of a permanent installation onto the rifle. The BT10-LW17 includes a quick detach lever so you will be able to take on and off the rifle quickly and you may use it easily with multiple rifles. The BT10-NC (no clamp, meaning it does not have the means to attach to a rail) is designed for our customers who would like to use their own quick detach lever, but you would need one to be able to attach the bipod to a Picatinny rail. Also, you may use the BT10-NC if you are needing to use our BT19 (AI) or BT21 (TRG) spigots. The PSR models are BT46-LW17 standard height includes the quick detach lever and the BT46-NC standard height (no clamp). Also, the BT47-LW17 tall includes the quick detach lever and the BT47-NC tall (no clamp). If you are needing a little bit of a taller bipod then we recommend the BT47 for you. The 5- H models are BT35-LW17 includes the quick detach lever and the BT35-NC (no clamp). A general guideline with rough caliber estimates would suggest that for firearms up to .30 Cal we recommend either the V8 or PSR Atlas Bipods and for larger, heavier big bore rifles as in a .50 Cal we recommend our 5- H Atlas Bipods for you.
- What is the difference between the V8 and PSR Atlas Bipod models?
- The PSR (Precision Sniper Rifle) Atlas Bipod came about as the Atlas was selected for the USSOCOM Sniper Rifle system. The PSR was in response to the testing feedback that we got from the Military. These changes include non-rotational legs, fore and aft pivot limiting bosses (which are two pegs that help keep the muzzle level when loading a rifle to the bipod) and a 40% stronger inner leg. All models will include 15 degrees +/- of preloaded Pan and 15 degrees +/- of preloaded Cant. Leg positions are 45 degrees back and angled back, 90 degrees straight down, 45 degrees forward and stowed forward.
- What is the difference between the different models V8 Atlas Bipod models? (BT10, BT10-LW17, BT10-NC)
- The BT10 (two screw clamp assembly) is going to be more of a permanent installation onto the rifle, the BT10-LW17 includes the ADM-170-S quick detach lever, the BT10-NC (no clamp, meaning it does not have the means to attach to a rail) allows customers to install their own lever or other attachments options: ADM-170-S, ARMS 17S, TRAMP from Badger Ordnance and LT271 or the BT10-NC will mount directly to our BT19 (AI) and BT21 (TRG) spigots
- Is there an Atlas Bipod that can attach directly to a sling stud?
- Currently we do not have a bipod that can attach directly to a sling stud
- How do I add a quick detach lever to my BT10 model?
- You may send your BT10 to us for an upgrade and we will convert it to include the ADM-170-S lever, it will be $60.00 for the lever and $60.00 for the conversion for a total of $120.00, if you would like to then we will issue you an RMA number. You may also use the BT43 leveraged rail, here is the link with more information: http://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_new/accessories/103-bt43-leveraged-rail.html
- What is the process for coating a bipod?
- Here is the link to the process of coating a bipod: http://www.accu-shot.com/coating_a_bipod.php
- How to adjust the ADM-170-S lever to fit tighter to the Picatinny rail?
- Here is the link to installing and adjusting the ADM-170-S lever: http://www.accu-shot.com/Installing_and_adjusting_the_ADM_Lever.php
- How to loosen the tension knob, because it is too tight?
- It can be common for the tension knob to be a little tight at first, but after use it should start to loosen up for you.
- How do I tell if I have an authentic Atlas Bipod or a Counterfeit?
- The best way to make sure you are getting a legitimate Atlas Bipod is to order through an Authorized Dealer or directly from B&T Ind. If you suspect you may have purchased a counterfeit product, you may send us a photo of your product and we can confirm if it is a Genuine B&T Product or a counterfeit. Please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mounting and Usage Questions
- Which Picatinny rail do I need for my rifle?
- If you could please send a photo or link to a photo of the item in question we would appreciate it, that way we can see exactly what your rifle looks like to give you the best recommendation. Please send this information to email@example.com
- How do I mount a Picatinny rail to my rifle?
- It depends on what your rifle already includes, for more detailed information you may send us a photo of your rifle or a link to a photo of your rifle to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do we have an adapter for a Key mod rail?
- Currently we do not have an adapter for a Key mod rail
- Is hardware included with the Picatinny rails?
- Hardware is not included unless it is shown in the photo
- What all do I need to mount an Atlas Bipod?
- All that you need is a 1913 style Picatinny rail placed on your rifle to mount any of our bipods
- Is there a Picatinny rail that does not need two attachment points?
- The Picatinny rails that we offer need two attachment points to be able to mount the rail to your rifle
- What is the shortest length needed for a Picatinny rail to be able to mount a bipod?
- Our shortest Picatinny rail is 2.05 inches long and the ADM-170-S lever fits to this center to center spacing just perfectly
- Are there instructions or videos about how to install/ how the product works?
- There is an instruction card that comes with all of our products. Videos are on our Tutorials page.
Warranty, Repair and Exchange
- How do I replace the rubber part of the broken foot?
- You may send us a photo of the broken foot to our customer service email address along with your shipping address and we will send you a replacement foot, once you have received the replacement foot please send the broken foot back to us
- My Accu-Shot Monopod/ Atlas Bipod is broken how do I get it repaired?
- You may send a photo of the broken item and please explain what occurred, then we will reply with RMA information for you to send the broken item to us for the repairs/ adjustments needed. Please send this information to email@example.com
- How to exchange a B&T Ind. product for a different B&T Ind. product?
- You may exchange your current product for a different product, here is the link to our exchange program: http://www.accu-shot.com/Exchanges.php
Discounts and Special Pricing
- Do you offer a Military/ LEO discount?
- Yes, we do offer a Military/ LEO discount which is 10% off of anything that we make, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with proof of your service to qualify.
- Does our Military/ LEO discount apply to blemished products?
- Yes, our Military/ LEO discount applies to our blemished products.
- Do we offer an industry discount?
- Yes, we offer an industry discount to manufactures in the firearm industry, please contact email@example.com for more details and to qualify
Accu-Shot Monopod Questions
- Which Accu-shot Monopod do I need for my rifle?
- You may send us a photo or link to a photo of the item in question that way we can see exactly what your rifle looks like to give you the best recommendation. Please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which height of Accu-Shot Monopod would be best for my rifle?
- Here is the link to our monopod sizing and application link: http://www.accu-shot.com/how_to_best_size_accu-shot_precision_monopod.php
- Why does my BT01, BT04, or BT06 get loose even with the set screw tight? How can I fix it?
- Here is a photo of one of our BT01-BT06 monopods that WAS INSTALLED CORRECTLY but worked loose due to the set screw NOT engaging fully on the flat surface of the swivel.
Adding a washer under the sling stud resolves this.
We have these washers and can provide them at no cost.
A proper setup will show a simple brass colored circle in the flat area seen as a red circle.
- Do you sell firearms or ammunition?
- No, we do not sell firearms or ammunition
- Does B&T Ind. LLC ship internationally?
- Yes we do. However please be advised that international orders may be held up to 90 days for processing.
- When will a product be back in stock?
- Due to the demand from Military and Law Enforcement Customers our products can have a back order status. We work hard to get these items back in stock as soon as is possible. Please check with our Authorized Dealers as they will have available stock before B&T Ind. will.
- How to become an Authorized Dealer?
- To become a dealer with us we will need two out of the three items: FFL, business license, tax ID. Please send them to email@example.com
- Do you offer next day shipping?
- We do not offer next day shipping, but we do offer express shipping, which is the fastest service offered from the United States Postal Service. This service depends on the delivery location to determine how quickly the delivery can be made, generally it is 1-2 postal working days.